Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Ron Paulian-American

http://reason.com/assets/mc/_external/2012_05/ron-pauls-revolution-the-man-a.jpg

Consider this: Is there any such thing as a Mitt Romneyian, or Ronald Reaganian, or Carterian, or even Obamaian? No, but there is such a thing as a Ron Paulian! None of the others would deserve an i-a-n attached to their last names because none of them have created a following with the type of people who have historically turned men's names into names of movements and philosophies. 

I am a Ron Paulian because like the man, I believe that our nation is so lost. We have strayed off course, on so many levels, and the civil rights of the citizenry continue to be assaulted a little more every day.  Ron Paul is the only politician I know who tirelessly continues to offer real solutions to revive this country from its winter coma, back to the springs of its legacy. He continues to work tirelessly for this country, yet, he's under-appreciated by the general public, and obviously feared and marginalized by the bandits who are currently running this country.


Even today, after retiring from the the US Congress and getting knocked out of three runs for the presidency, Dr. Paul is still leading and working his 77-year-old ass off for liberty in America. I'm still following, or rather, walking beside him because that's what we have to do to win this thing called liberty. We need to stand together, all Americans, side by side, not sheeple-Americans abidingly forming single-file queues handing out our Constitutional rights to the neo-govs, in return for empty 'security' promises.

Ron Paul continues full-steam ahead with his deeply American messages in liberty, government, education, economics, foreign policy, prosperity, and even food freedom (which we are also losing, by the way)! He is constantly writing, speaking, engaging, and building. I don't know anyone who has so faithfully and so energetically kept to his promise to defend the overall American culture of liberty, as Dr. Ron Paul.

Which brings us to a peek at the "disillusioned immigrant-American" here...

I came the the US at the age of 17. I studied at an American state university and got my BS in 1987, then left. Two years later, I returned to go to graduate school and I've remained here since. So I've spent a good deal of my life as a participant in American society and have done much voluntary social service. I taught in public schools for 17 years. I marched with protestors against war on Washington DC a countless number of times. I've written and met my congressman many times, too. I've worked for campaigns, volunteered, cleaned up parks, fed the hungry, started medical charities and everything else that is characteristic of what an American does. This, is our true culture.

But as a naturalized citizen, my experience has led me to recognize three main differences between American-born citizens and foreign-born citizens such as myself. Apart from these main differences I see that we are all people: men, women, gay, straight, single, divorced, married, Atheist, Christian, Jew, Muslim, and a million other labels. What makes us the most similar, though, is our undeniable love for the liberty this country promises. At the very least, we can hopefully agree on that.

So  the three things we differ on..

1. The naturalized citizens are obviously not born in the USA, but under the law we presumably all have the same exact rights.

2. The naturalized citizen swears an oath to bear arms and defend the US Constitution. American-born citizens might not have to make any such pledge in their lifetime. They might perhaps be required to make such a pledge for government service of some type...like the presidency!

Here is a section of the exact text of the  Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America which I read, with one hand on heart, when I became a proud American citizen on August 8, 2002.

"I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law;... so help me God."

Heavy duty oath, eh?

Then..the last difference between the born-heres and the born-theres..

3. Once you set foot in Israel-- especially if you are an Arab or Palestinian-born American- you cease to become an American in the eyes of the Israeli government and military checkpoints. You are instantly reverted back to the citizenship of your birth country, even if you're a blond blue-eyed "diplomat brat kid" who happened to have been born in Egypt while your mother was stationed there in 1988. Doesn't matter. You will be questioned and harassed by this "friendly" country funded by our tax-dollars Even the US embassy in Israel treats Americans differently depending on the citizen's place of birth. So, better stay away from Israel if you want to be respected as an American.

I've had the honor of meeting Ron Paul and I've  heard him speak on a couple of occasions. I've read his books, and I keep abreast of his cutting-edge articles, blogs, and causes, with the latest being the home-schooling website "Parents for Liberty."

Unlike other American presidents and elected officials, past and present, I'm sure Ron Paul would be quite a bit annoyed that Israel treats his fellow American citizens this way. That's another reason I'm a Ron Paulian-American.

Doesn't that sound a lot better than 'disillusioned immigrant-American?'

Maybe it's time for a blog heading change.

Stay tuned....to the revolution.

No comments: