Friday, August 16, 2013

More On Turmeric Power: In Case You're Still Not Convinced.


turmeric

I'll bet most of you - if not all of you -are  taking, or know someone who is taking, one or more of the following drugs for some health  condition.

1) Statin drugs for cholesterol
2) Corticosteroid drugs
3) Antidepressants
4) Blood thinners
5) Anti-inflammatory drugs

6) Chemotherapy drugs
7) Diabetes drugs  

But I'll also bet that not many of you know that studies are now showing that ALL of these drugs pretty much can be replaced with the magical spice TURMERIC! Check this out.

 But something even I didn't know, is that turmeric is now showing extremely promising results specifically in colon/colorectal cancer treatment! It's no wonder India still has one of the lowest rates of that cancer in the world. Turmeric is a widely used spice in Indian diets. The study concludes  that colorectal cancer is so rare in India, a screening program would be a big waste of time and money.

I don't know about you, but I personally never ever want to have a colonoscopy, so this is very exciting news!

I'm also very excited to share it the next time I see a friend who I recently met at the yoga studio where I practice. He comes to his regular mat space next to mine almost daily. He told me that in 2011, at the age of 50, he was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer  and is still gong through the traditional therapies of chemo and drugs, yet he's a picture of health if you see him. He comes to the yoga studio at least 5 times per week, sometimes immediately following a chemo session!! He pushes gruntingly through the practices, but always comes out smiling and radiating positive energy. He's an inspiration to say the least, and I know in my heart he's going to survive this because in spite of the cut/poison/burn treatment, he's got the right ATTITUDE!

My yoga pal often complains to me about how little his "great" doctors know outside their 'expertise' about anything nutritional or holistic regarding cancer treatment, so he seems to appreciate my occasional tips on natural remedies, food, and supplements. I can't wait to tell him about this one.

So come on, folks,  won't you try that golden milk?

And stay tu-rmeriked...


No comments: