Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Yoga Bitch - a book.

http://liveloveyoga.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/yogabitch.jpg

Yoga Bitch: One Woman's Quest to Conquer Skepticism, Cynicism, and Cigarettes on the Path to Enlightenment 

 

On the subject of bitchery and books on my reading table, I want to put a plug in for this funny, deep, and wildly familiar type of sentiment book. The author is a city girl on a two-month yoga retreat in the island of Bali. She is brutally honest in her thoughts and observations. I rarely LOL so genuinely and organically as I do reading some of her witty passages.

She weaves the reader in a roller-coaster fashion between high and low, strong and weak, funny and deep, like a magic yoga mat.

In the excerpt I'm sharing, her mind returns to the idea of drinking one's own urine medicinally, as some people are known to do. This idea had been a floater in her mind since first hearing of it in the yoga camp she is in. Thinking about cows and pee she begins:

 " If I had to choose between drinking my own pee or the pee of a cow, there would be no question about what I would choose. No question at all. I would choose to kill myself."


That's a page from the precise place I am at in the book by the very gifted writer, Suzanne Morrison. You can buy it or see more of it at Amazon.com's Look Inside pages.

Stay tuned...




No comments: